Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yikes, what a couple of weeks


So, I took on some contracted work with my old job...Thank God they are flexible. I have been working on it for a couple of months now and still am not completely done. If it isn't sick children, it seems like something comes up.
Two weekends ago I was all set to sit down and work on it after the kids went to bed. But, on my way home from a fun swimming trip to the "Y" and a stop to Target, I got a call from my sister. For those of you that have heard this, sorry, but I will tell the story. Kara called and was on her way to the emergency room behind the ambulance that was taking Ron (her husband) there! To make a long story short, I was so glad she got in touch with me and eventually I ended up at the hospital through the night (thanks to my wonderful sil Heidi) with Kara while Ron had emergency, may I say life-saving, surgery.
Well, thanks to much prayer and a fabulous surgeon, Ron is home and recovering. But, it was a long and painful ordeal for him. He tore his esophagus (I can spell it now without spellcheck!) and from the sounds of it, a pretty bad tear at that! He ended up in the hospital for over a week. I am soooo proud of my sister! She held it all together and was the greatest cheerleader I think a husband (not that I've ever been one) could ask for. The kids did great as well!
So, needless to say, I am still behind on my work. And, obviously, I am not working on it at this minute... :{ But, even more grateful for family than ever before!!
Faith is doing great. Brady, too. He has been going to the chiropractor (yes, I know he is only 8-months old). But, it is going great! He had some (mom details here) constipation issues and let me tell you, they are completely better~ it's been over a week and he is doing great!
Well, I better get to bed...I do have to work tomorrow.

No comments: