Sunday, August 10, 2008

Blog...Facebook...Blog...Facebook

Okay, so Facebook usually wins out before my blog. It is so funny, because once school starts back up again, ALL of this is going to be cut to a minimum. I keep thinking of the lunches to pack, the clothes to lay out, the bedtimes to meet. Gosh, I wish I could lay out all the outfits ahead of time for the whole month of September.
I am off to work next week for a couple of days. Not that I haven't been working. I have been working, but from home, contracted, and flexible. Right now, my biggest problem is helping Faith get the art bin down from the closet. Not like during the school year when we are running out the door with a piece of toast hanging out of one child's mouth and the other child crying because she can't find her "must-have-something" that she wanted to bring with for the day.
Anyway...enough about that. Other than the fear of the new school year, things are absolutely summerish around her (yes, I know that's not a word, my teacher friend). I have been enjoying the freedom of no schedule and no school.
I call my car the "beach car" right now, because I am so embarrassed at the state of disaster the hatch is in. I would post a picture, but my dad might never forgive me...He did raise me better than that. :) We have two strollers (yes, only one child needs a stroller in my family), a pack-n-play on some days, a booster seat, a bag full of beach clothes that need to come in to be laundered (didn't want it to clutter the house for any company that may stop by), and a plethora of buckets, cars, and anything else a mother may need when stopping at the beach, park, or grandma's house.
Nate is doing great at work. Training on a new job...Praying for a contract WITHOUT a strike (please pray with us). Faith is getting ready for school and especially loves the shopping part of that. And, Brady...well, he's Brady. Tonight went to bed with a scratch on his head and a scrape on his knee. Nothing new.
To anyone actually taking time to read this, I hope all is well with you! I will post pictures as soon as I can find my camera in the "beach car."
Better go, it is 40-something degrees outside and I think I hear the air conditioner running upstairs. Not very green of us, is it!?
HUGS to all!

No comments: