Monday, January 26, 2009

How long has it been





As I have mentioned several times, I am not very good at this blogging thing. I should really make an effort, but I think my brain is slowly being numbed by Facebook. :)
So, Faith is going to be 6-years-old and Brady will be 2-years-old in a matter of weeks. It is so hard to believe. I am so thankful for the beautiful children that God allows me to call my own. Faith is doing well in school and is a bundle of giggles and make-believe. Brady's vocabulary grows every day. He is still talking in mostly two and three word sentences, but every once in a while, he squeaks a four-word ramble out. He is such a happy boy, which, if you would have told me that about two-years ago, when he cried sooo much more than Faith, I would have said, "No way!"
Nathan's job has been spared (so far) at the mine. I don't think much more than an hour goes by that I don't thank God. We are praying for his mercy every day! I sat down to dinner tonight with the family and thought, "God, thank you that we have enough food and that we have good food. Thank you that we are warm and that we can get to the places we need to go." I cannot remember ever feeling such a feeling of grattitude to Him for the simple things in life.

No comments: