Friday, July 11, 2008

Sad Day

We felt so great adopting a dog for our home, but have found out the hard way that it isn't always the best. We had to surrender Jacob this afternoon. His behavior was unpredictable this week and my worst nightmare came true...he bit my friend's little girl. Thank God he didn't break her skin, but it doesn't truly make me feel any better. My love for children far outweighs my love for a dog. I want all children to feel safe and secure when entering our home.
Needless to say, we hope he can find a better home. We loved him while we had him, but we weren't the right home for him.
I'm so grateful to Nathan for being so wonderful about brining him in and not showing regret for the choice. I am also just as grateful to my wonderful friend for being so understanding when her daughter was hurt.

No comments: